There is nothing quite like the intoxicating aroma of Amish blueberry bars fresh from the oven. These fruit-flavored treats are chewy, gooey, and taste even better than they look!
Servings: 6-8 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 egg yolk
1 tsp ice water
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup fresh blueberries
½ tsp salt
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp baking powder
½ cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Gather all dry ingredients and set them aside.
- Using the all-in-one method, combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well, and set aside.
- Get the butter and cut into the dry mixture using a pastry blender or use your fingertips to rub it in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add all other ingredients to the mixture and mix well, whether either blender or spoon.
- Get a 9-inch pan, do not grease, and place 3/4 of the mixture in the bottom of the pan, Add whole blueberries on top.
- Cover blueberries with the next quarter of the mixture and set to bake until golden brown at 375 degrees. Cool on the counter then cut into bars and serve.