This sweet Amish dessert is deliciously spiced with a yummy cinnamon flavor, you’ll be hooked just from the aroma.
Servings: 8 slices
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 350°F or 180°C. Grease an 8×12 loaf pan and set it aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl until smooth, then add the flour, baking soda, and buttermilk, then combine.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Make a mixture of 1/3 cup of sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon, add 3/4 of this to the loaf pan, and swirl using a small knife.
- Pour into the loaf pan, the remainder of the batter, and pour the cinnamon mixture on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick to the center comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool, then slice and serve.