Are you feeling for something snacky? How about a moist and tender cake that’s bursting with delicious pumpkin flavor. Our Amish Pumpkin Cake will make your taste buds sing with delight! You will be amazed at how delicious this cake is.
Simple To Make
The pumpkin cake takes just 40 minutes to prepare and bake! The steps are so pretty simple and straightforward even a non-chef can make this mouthwatering cake. Combine the ingredients, transfer the batter to a bundt pan, and bake. It couldn’t be any easier.
Moist And Delicious
This recipe is unique because of the rich pumpkin taste and the moist texture of the cake. This delicious cake hits the spot when paired with a glass of cold milk and a good book. It will become a favorite to you and your friends and family.
How To Serve The Pumpkin Cake
The irresistible pumpkin cake is served best for dessert or a midday snack. You can serve this cake any time of day, whenever your taste buds call for a yummy treat.
A slice will always suffice, especially with a cool glass of apple juice to set the mood for the day. Sit back, relax and unwind.
The pumpkin cake recipe yields 12 servings which are great for Thanksgiving or any family gathering. You can also serve it for dessert or if you chose to have a slice for breakfast, go ahead! You will enjoy it either way.
Bundt pan – you will need a 12 cup bundt pan to bake your cake.
Mixing bowl – a large bowl is used to combine the ingredients.
Mixer – I used a stand mixer to combine the ingredients to create the cake batter.
Pumpkin – I used pumpkin puree to give the cake its signature pumpkin flavor that we love so much. As the prominent flavor, the pumpkin also contributes to a moist and tender crumb texture. Moist and flavorful, now that’s my kind of cake!
What Can I Use Instead Of Lard?
If it is a case that you ran out of lard, you can replace it with vegetable shortening or butter. I used it in the recipe for texture and flavor, and these substitutes will do just that.
• Flour – all-purpose is used in this recipe to add structure.
• Baking Powder – Used as the raising agent.
• Baking Soda – Added as a secondary leavening.
• All-Spice – I used it to add flavor to the cake.
• Ground Cloves – Gives the cake a delicious taste and aroma.
• Ground Cinnamon – Adds color and flavor.
• Ground Nutmeg – Combined with cinnamon, ginger, and clove.
• Lard – Used to give the cake a tender texture.
• Ground Ginger – Enhances the flavor.
• Sugar – Granulated sugar adds sweetness to the cake.
• Eggs – Adds structure, color, and flavor to the cake.
• Pumpkin – Used as the main flavor for the batter
• Vanilla Extract – Enhance the flavor of all the other spices.
• Powdered Sugar – Used for dusting the cake after it is completely cooled.
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 12 -segment bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk to combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves, baking powder, cinnamon, all-spice, and nutmeg in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Beat the fat and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, then scrape the sides, lower the speed to medium-low, and add the eggs one at a time. Mix well.
4. Scrape the bowl before adding the pumpkin and vanilla until well combined. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, and continue mixing for a few more seconds.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan, settle the batter by tapping the sides, then use a spatula to smooth the top.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick to the cake center comes out clean.
7. Let the cake cool in the pan for 20 minutes, and gently use your hands to pull the cake away from the pan.
8. Place the cake on a cooling rack to cool completely, then serve.
Settling The Batter
Notice that we tapped the bundt pan’s sides to allow the batter to fill in any gaps. This technique also prevents holes in the finished cake. If you want your cake to rise and have a soft and uniform texture, just quickly tap the sides of the pan to achieve this.
Do I Have To Use A Bundt Pan?
A bundt pan is ideal for pumpkin cakes, but you can always use a 9×13 baking pan if you do not have one. It will not affect your cake except the shape or form. The delightful taste will remain the same.
How Do I Store My Pumpkin Cake?
The pumpkin cake is best stored for up to days in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic or an airtight container. The cake tastes even better a day after.
You can also freeze the cake for up to 2 months, but the flavor will change slightly, and it will have a drier texture.
If you are not a huge fan of pumpkin, the first taste of this luscious cake will change your mind. Top it with your favorite frosting and have a slice with a beverage of your choice, and you will be good to go. Seriously, this pumpkin cake is unbelievably delicious!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup lard
- 1 1/2 pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 12-segment bundt pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg in a large bowl until blended and set aside.
- Cream the lard and sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Scrape the bowl's sides as needed, reduce the speed to medium-low and mix in the eggs one by one just until combine.
- Beat in the pumpkin and vanilla until well combined. Reduce the speed to low, add the flour gradually, and mix for a few more seconds until blended.
- Pour out the batter into the prepared pan and tap the pan's sides to remove the air bubbles. Use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then gently use your hands to pull the cake away from the pan.
- Place the cake on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.