This scrumptious Amish fruit pie is the perfect treat for summer afternoon snacking!
Servings: 8 slices of pie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Amish never fail pie crust
2 cups water
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup strawberry gelatin
4 cups fresh strawberries (hulled and quartered)
Whipped topping (for garnish)
- Line a deep-dish pie pan with the never-fail crust, then bake according to the instructions.
- Using a saucepan over medium heat, stir to combine the water, cornstarch, and sugar until dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Reduce to a low flame and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat, stir in the strawberry gelatin, and set aside to cool.
- Once the mixture cools, gently stir in the strawberry pieces.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the prepared pie crust and refrigerate overnight to set the gelatin.
- Once chilled and set, slice and top with whipped topping to serve.