Chewy, chocolaty brownies topped in a caramel and chocolate chip sauce, are you excited? This rich dessert will surely satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you yearning for more! The flavors of the chocolate and caramel go so well together, you won’t want to eat brownies any other way.
Sink your teeth into one of our and you’ll be converted! These dense and chewy delights will be a welcomed sight on any occasion! Parties, showers, bake sales, picnics, you named it! Everyone will loco for these Choco Brownies!
It’s A Cinch!
It may surprise you just how easy it is to make this recipe. All you’ll need is a whisk and a bowl or two. The prepping stage will be about 15 minutes and bake time will run 30-40 minutes, you’ll be done before you know it!
Chocolate Caramel Combo
The moist texture and chocolaty flavor of the brownies marry well with the dense and sweet caramel topping, it is beyond delicious and the smell is intoxicating! There’s no use resisting the urge, go ahead and spoil yourself, you deserve to!
How Should You Serve Caramel Chocolate Brownies?
This decadent chocolate brownie is best served slightly warm or at room temperature. You can eat this as an indulgent me-time treat or as a tasty dessert after dinner. Serve as is or top with whipped cream and finely chopped nuts for some texture.
What’s The Serving Size?
This recipe yields about 24 servings(or more if you reduce the serving size). This serving size is great as a refreshment at parties or for bake sales. Bring this with you on a picnic, to a potluck, or just make and store it at home as a snack.
Bowl– You will need at least 2 bowls to combine the brownie ingredients and the caramel and chocolate topping.
Whisk– Use a regular wire whisk or a fork if you don’t have one.
Baking Pan– Use a 9x 13 square pan to bake the brownies.
Offset Spatula– Use one of these to spread the brownie batter in the pan and the topping.
Main Ingredients Of This Dish
Betty Crocker– For the recipe, I used this brownie mix and it turned out delectable, you can use your favorite brand or just make it from scratch.
Hersey’s– These semi-sweet chocolate chips paired really well with the caramel sauce.
Yogurt– If you don’t have any eggs or you’re just avoiding them, use yogurt as a substitute. Use 1/4 cup plain yogurt to replace each egg in the recipe.
Butter– For an oil substitute in this recipe, use butter. Use 2/3 cup of melted butter to replace the oil.
All The Ingredients
- Brownie Mix– Combined with the egg mixture.
- Oil– Gives the brownies a moist texture.
- Eggs– Acts as an emulsifier and contributes to texture.
- Water– Whisked with the eggs and oil.
- Caramel Sauce– Combine with condensed milk and butter to make the caramel topping.
- Condensed Milk– Gives a sweet, rich, and creamy taste to the topping.
- Butter– Used to make the topping.
- Chocolate chips– Sprinkled on top of the caramel topping before baking.
How We Made It?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and water, add the brownie fudge mix and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into a 9×13 square pan and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Make the topping while the brownie is baking. In a bowl, mix the caramel sauce, condensed milk, and butter until well combined.
- After 15 minutes, when the brownie partially baked and the surface is firm, remove it from the oven and pour the caramel mixture on top, and spread evenly using a spatula.
- Sprinkle the chocolate on top and return to the oven for an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool, cut, and serve.
Add The Topping
Once the brownie had baked just enough for the top to firm up, I removed it from the oven and proceeded to add the toppings. If I had added the toppings any sooner then it would have sunken into the batter instead of remaining on top.
Making The Brownie Batter
To make the brownie, I first combined the eggs, water, and oil using a wire whisk. Then I added the brownie mixture and continued mixing until it was evenly incorporated and lump-free. A faster and easier way to do this is to use an electric mixing bowl. Just combine the ingredients in the same order and you good!
Storing The Brownies
These tasty brownie squares can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days in an airtight container, stored in the same way they can keep for about 2 weeks in the fridge, or a month in the freezer.
These chewy brownies are so good! They make a great snack or dessert, serve them to the kids after school with a glass of milk, after dinner as a dessert or make and store them to enjoy at your own pleasure!
- 20 oz fudge brownie (2 boxes Betty Crocker)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter (unsalted)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and line a 9x13 baking pan with tin foil.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, and water, then add the brownie mix. Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared apn and bake for about 15 minutes until the top is firm.
- While the brownie is baking, mix the caramel, condensed milk, and butter in a bowl until blended.
- Once the brownie is firm on top, take it from the oven, pour on the caramel topping and spread it evenly. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and bake for another 25 minutes.
- remove fron the oven when done, cool, slice and serve.