Do you like peanut butter cups? Well if you do, you are in for a treat! All the rich and tasty goodness of peanut butter cups combined with Rice Krispies cereal. It’s CRUNCH TIME.
Containing only five ingredients, this recipe can be thrown together in just10 minutes. It is the perfect snacktime treat for kids as I’m sure they will enjoy the sweet and crunchy texture. Serve with a scoop of ice cream and you’ll silence even the pickiest eaters.
This recipe is super quick and easy, it only contains five ingredients and literally takes minutes to makes. By the way, don’t worry about preheating your oven because we won’t be baking, this is a strictly No-Bake dessert! This recipe is so simple, Anyone can make it.
What I really liked about this recipe is the fact that it didn’t require baking at all. I already had all the ingredients in my pantry! This made the process a lot faster and convenient! By the way, rice Krispies are one of the best breakfast cereals of all time; and that’s not up for debate.
How To Serve
These tasty little cups make the perfect treat or dessert! Have these at snack time, as an after-dinner dessert, or just when you feel for something sweet. Served at room temperature, the crunchy, chewy texture goes well with a glass of milk, whipped cream, or ice cream.
This recipe makes about 16 servings in the standard-sized muffin trays but you could use a mini muffin tray to get even more servings. If you don’t fancy smaller cups, just increase the recipe to suit your needs.
Bowls– You will need a medium to large deep mixing bowl, glass, metal, or plastic bowls are fine to use.
Muffin Pan– Standard metal muffin trays were used for this recipe but feel free to use silicone muffin trays instead. Just place on a sheet pan before filling the cups. Use liners or nonstick spray for easy cleanup.
Saucepan– I used a nonstick saucepan to melt the peanut butter but a small pot will work just as well.
Spoon– I used a wooden spoon, however, a metal one will also get the job done.
Microwavable Bowl– I used a ceramic bowl to melt the chocolate chips but this can also be done in a heat-proof glass bowl.
Type Of Main Ingredient
Smucker’s Peanut Butter– You can use any store-bought peanut butter for this recipe but I found that Smucker’s natural peanut butter yielded the tastiest results. Use either crunchy or smooth.
Raw Honey– I’ve used both regular and raw honey for this recipe, but when it comes to taste and texture, raw honey wins by a landslide!
Kellog’s Rice Krispies– I’ve always used the classic rice Krispies cereal in this recipe but any crispy rice cereal with work.
Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips– this ingredient comes down to preference, I like semi-sweet chocolate chips but feel free to use whatever floats your boat.
Sunflower Butter– If you suffer from nut allergies, sunflower butter is a good substitute to use. Use the same amount as the peanut butter.
Golden Syrup– For those of you who are also allergic to honey or simply don’t like the taste, use golden syrup instead. Use it in a 1;1 ratio.
- Peanut Butter– The main flavor in this dessert and the glue that keeps everything together.
- Honey– Adds sweetness to the melted peanut butter.
- Salt– Added to the peanut butter and honey mixture, it enhances the flavor.
- Cereal– The Rice Krispies adds body and crunch to the mixture
- Chocolate Chip– Melted and poured on top of the finished cup. It adds an extra layer of flavor.
- Place paper liners Into each cup of the muffin tray, or use a non-stick cooking spray to lightly grease.
- Melt the peanut butter in a saucepan over medium flame, add the honey and salt, then stir.
- Keep stirring until the peanut butter mixture is smooth in consistency and lump-free.
- Add the cereal to a large bowl and pour the peanut butter mixture on top of it. Using a wooden spoon, stir to combine.
- Stir quickly, to evenly coat the Krispies before the peanut butter cools down, as it will become more difficult to work with.
- Spoon cereal mixture to the lined muffin cups 2/3 of the way up, then using the back of the spoon compress the mixture until the top is nice and flat.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Do this twice, remove after every 30 seconds, stir until it’s smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over each cereal cup, refrigerate and allow to set.
- Serve once the chocolate topping has set.
Coating the cereal
This step can get pretty messy so I recommend using a deep bowl for this. Once the peanut butter mixture is poured on the cereal, you’ll want to, very quickly fold it in before the peanut butter cools down. As the mixture cools, it will be too thick to coat the cereal properly.
Melting the peanut butter
This step doesn’t have to be done on the stove, the microwave can do it too! Simple combine the salt honey and peanut butter in a heatproof bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl, stir and return to the microwave for 30 seconds more. Stir until smooth and you’re done!
How To Store
These tasty treats can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature. For long term storage, place in an airtight container and refrigerate. They tend to harden when cool so thaw them before serving.
So in conclusion, this is a fast and easy to make, low-cost, no-bake dessert recipe, and it Tastes Awesome! Whip up a batch and serve it to adults and kids alike. Made in individually lined muffin cups, these are convenient for serving and portioning. This dessert couldn’t get any better!
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (melted)
- Place muffin liners in the in the muffin pan or grease with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat in a small pot, melt the peanut butter, honey, and salt.
- once the mixture is smooth, remove from heat.
- Add rice krispy to a medium bowl and pour the peanut butter mixture on top of it. stir to evenly coat the cereal.
- fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with the cereal and press down firmly to compress each cup.
- using a glass bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Using a spoon, pour the melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter cups.
- place in the refrigerator to set, remove it when the chocolate firms up.