With just a handful of inexpensive ingredients, you can create this delicious dessert and partake in a taste of history!
Servings: 8 Slices
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
1 deep-dish pie crust (9-inch)
4 tbs all-purpose
1 1/2 cups water
1 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
5 tbs butter (5 pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Place the pie crust onto a sheet pan, then pour in the water.
- Mix the flour and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle in an even layer on the water in the crust.
- Drizzle the vanilla extract onto the flour mixture, then place the butter pieces on top.
- Bake this at 400 degrees, then reduce the heat to 375 degrees after 30 minutes, cover the crust with a pie crust shield, and continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Once baked, the pie will be watery but will jellify as it cools. Cool completely, then place in the fridge to chill until firm enough to cut.