Wanna spruce up your holiday dinner? Well, you’ve come to the right place! This cranberry salad is exactly what you need. It’s creamy, tangy, sweet, and delicious!
Yummy dried cranberries infused with the flavors of pineapple and lime juice for a taste of tang, the nutty flavor and texture of chopped walnuts, and sweet, delicate marshmallows all engulfed in delicious whipped cream. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
This cranberry salad recipe is very easy to make, it takes just a mere 15 minutes to prep! All you have to do is combine the first 5 ingredients, refrigerate for an hour, combine with the cream and marshmallows then chill for 4 hours. I know the chill time is lengthy but once you taste it, you’ll be glad that you waited!
Make It Ahead Of Time
So the good news is, this creamy cranberry salad is very simple to make, the great news is that it needs at least 4 hours to chill in the fridge! How is that great news? It’s great because you can make this salad ahead of time and leave it to chill overnight!
How Should You Serve Cranberry Salad?
This salad is best served cold! It’s perfect for holiday dinner and can be eaten as a tasty side with your Thanksgiving turkey or a delicious addition to your Christmas ham. You can even have it as a dessert! Regardless of how you decide to eat this salad, it will be a splendid complement to your meal.
This salad recipe can feed up to 12 people, which is perfect for a holiday dinner among your extended family. Your Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner will be even more delicious with this fruit salad and your family will want have you make it every year!
Bowl– You will need 2 mixing bowls. Glass, plastic, or metal will do.
Electric Mixer– You can use a hand mixer for this task but a stand mixer will work too.
Wooden Spoon– Use a regular wooden spoon to stir the salad.
Main Ingredients Of This Dish
Cranberries– for this recipe, I used dried cranberries but you can use frozen cranberries if that’s what you prefer.
Marshmallows– I chopped up 3 cups of regular marshmallows to use in the salad but you can use whatever type you like.
Lemon Juice– Don’t have any lime juice? That’s okay, lemon juice makes the perfect replacement just use in a one-to-one ratio to sub the lime juice.
Pecans– Don’t like walnuts? Just use pecans or any other nuts you like instead! Use the amount the recipe calls for.
All The Ingredients
- Cranberries– Combined with sugar, pineapple, lime juice, and walnuts.
- Sugar– Gives the salad sweetness.
- Crushed Pineapple– Mixed into the cranberry mixture with the juice.
- Lime juice– Gives the salad a tangy flavor.
- Walnuts– Roughly chopped and stirred in with the other ingredients.
- Marshmallow– Chopped and mixed in the heavy cream.
- Heavy Cream– Whipped to a stiff peak and combined with the cranberry mixture.
How We Made It?
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries and other ingredients (except the heavy cream and marshmallows) then stir, cover, and refrigerate for an hour.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the heavy cream to a stiff peak, stir in the marshmallows and then combine with the cranberry mixture.
- Cover and chill for at 4 hours or overnight. Serve cold.
Add The Marshmallows
After whipping the heavy cream to a stiff peak, I added the chopped marshmallows to the cream and stirred them in. Why didn’t I add them earlier? Had I done that, the marshmallows would have melted and lost their shape.
Whip The Heavy Cream
After placing the cranberry mixture in the fridge to chill, I whipped the heavy cream, using my electric mixer which made the process very fast and easy. If you don’t have an electric mixer, you can beat the cream by hand using a bowl and wooden spoon. Please know that mixing it by hand will take much longer.
Storing Chocolate Banana Bread
You can store the leftovers of this tasty side dish in the refrigerator, simply place the salad in an airtight container and, stash it in the fridge for up to 14 days. To store for longer, place in a similar container and freeze for up to a month.
This holiday dish is rich in both flavor and texture, it’s got it all! Our cranberry salad is so tasty it can be enjoyed as both a side dish or dessert! So spice up your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner with this salad and your family will be asking for second and thirds!
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (8 oz can)
- Half a lime (juiced)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3 cups marmallows (chopped)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, sugar, pineapple, walnuts, and lime juice, stir to combine.
- Cover the cranberry mixture and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- In an electric mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until it forms a stiff peak, then stir in the marsmallow.
- Combine the marshamallow mixture with the cranberry mixture and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve the cranberry salad cold.