Soft and chewy garlic knots made easy. These are great for dinner, potlucks, get togethers, you name it!
Servings: 16 large knots
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Additional Time: 2 hours
3 3/4 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Active dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh parsley (minced)
1 1/2 cup garlic salt
1 stick unsalted butter
6 cloves garlic (minced)
- Add the sugar, bread flour, salt, and yeast to the bowl of the mixer and whisk to combine. Put the mixer on low speed and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and warm water, beat until a dough forms. Ensure the dough is not too dry or sticky.
- Use the remaining olive oil to grease a large bowl and add the dough. Cover the bowl using plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise in a warm area for 90 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and divide it in half. Put each dough on a plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes. Dust the top of each dough with flour lightly and use a knife to slice each into quarters. Press each quarter into a rectangle and slice them in halves again.
- Use flour to dust each piece and roll them into balls. Roll each ball into long ropes then tie them into knots. Place them on a prepared baking sheet and cover them loosely with plastic wrap and set them aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. After 30 minutes of resting, remove the plastic wrap and place the knots in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until they are golden brown in color.
- To make the coating, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat and add the garlic to simmer for 2 minutes. Add the parsley and garlic salt and continue to stir until well combined. Brush the knots and sprinkle with cheese.