Do you like baked potatoes? Well, hold on to your seat cause this recipe is a doozy! Think of a baked potato that’s crisp and crunchy on the outside but tender and buttery on the inside, sizzling hot and spicy! It smells SO GOOD but tastes even better!
This dish is so hearty that it’s a meal on its own! However, it will go well with most, if not all meat dishes and vegetables. Have these delicious garlic butter potatoes for lunch or dinner and your taste buds will thank you for it!
Simple Yet Delish!
There’s nothing like a delicious savory side dish to really bring a meal together, except when it’s easy to make, then it’s even better! To get started, all you need are some fresh potatoes, sliced but not all the way through, seasoned, and baked until tender, Yum!
These garlic butter potatoes are jampacked with flavor and the texture is just right! Before baking, the potatoes are seasoned with butter and a spice rub made of salt, pepper, garlic, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Fresh from the oven, the potatoes are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and all-around delicious!
How Should you Serve Hassleback Potatoes?
Our potatoes will go great with any meat dish you choose to have them with! Grilled chicken or any poultry dish, Barbeque pork chops, beef, fish, or any seafood. These Hassel back potatoes will complement any dish you can think of!
For this recipe, the serving size is determined by the number of potatoes used, I baked 7 potatoes, so that’s 7 servings. This is the ideal amount for dinner with the family and a few guests, or lunch with friends, either way, there’ll be enough to go around!
Knife– You’re gonna need a regular cooking knife or a carving knife to cut the potatoes.
Chopsticks– Use a pair of regular bamboo or wooden chopsticks.
Basting brush– Use a fine bristle basting brush to apply the melted butter to the potatoes.
Baking Dish– You’ll need a heat resistant baking dish or a casserole dish to bake the potatoes.
Main Ingredients Of This Dish
Potatoes– I used 7 medium-sized russet potatoes, thoroughly washed with the skin on.
Garlic– I used 1 tablespoon of fresh minced garlic to season the potatoes and 4-5 whole cloves with skin as a garnish for the baked potatoes.
Garlic Powder – If you don’t have any garlic cloves, the powder will work just as well.
Chervil– This herb makes the perfect substitute as it is closely related to parsley and has a similar but milder flavor. Use chervil in a 1:1 ratio to replace parsley.
All The Ingredients
- Potatoes– Washed, sliced, covered in melted butter, seasoned, and baked.
- Butter– Used to coat the potatoes.
- Parmesan Cheese– Combined with the black pepper, garlic, paprika, salt, and Italian seasoning and used to coat the potatoes before baking.
- Black Pepper– Mixed with the other seasonings.
- Garlic– Minced and used to season the potatoes. Wholes cloves use as garnish.
- Paprika– Adds spice to the potatoes.
- Salt– Enhances all the flavors of the dish.
- Italian seasoning– Gives potatoes a delicious flavor.
- Parsley– Freshly chopped and sprinkled on top of the baked potatoes as a garnish.
How Did I Make This Delicious Dish?
- Preheat your over to 400 degrees and begin by slicing into the potatoes crosswise three-quarter of the through, using a pair of chopsticks on each side as a guide.
- Pour the melted butter on the potatoes especially between the slices.
- Combine the minced garlic with all the spices on a plate, sprinkle the seasoning mixture onto the potatoes, and in between the slices until all are coated.
- Place the potatoes in a heatproof dish and bake for 40 minutes to an hour, until it is golden brown on the outside and thoroughly cooked on the inside.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve.
Seasoning The Potatoes
After combining the spices and applying the butter to the potatoes, the next step was to season them. I used the seasoning mixture to sprinkle the potatoes, evenly coating them, and also ensuring to get between each nook and cranny.
Cutting The Potatoes
To make even cuts in the potatoes, I used chopsticks as stoppers, it also prevented me from accidentally cutting right through the potatoes. If you don’t have any chopsticks, you can use 2 pencils instead, or just eyeball it and be very careful when cutting.
How Do I Store The Leftovers?
Even though these potatoes taste best when served fresh from the oven, they also store and reheat well. Store them in an airtight container for 3- 5 days in the fridge, and up to 3 months in the freezer. To reheat, place them in the oven for 10 minutes, then serve hot.
These Garlic Butter Roasted Potatoes are a delicious and savory side dish that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with any entrée of your choice, it’s tastes great with everything! Cook this at home for dinner and your family will enjoy it so much, you’ll be cooking more often!
- 5-7 medium size potatoes
- 1 cup parmesan
- 1 tbs garlic (minced)
- 4 tbs butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp black peper
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Parsley (freshly chopped)
- 4-5 Whole garlic cloves (with skin)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F or 200° C
- Using a knife, cut off a thin slice longwise from the bottom of each potato to ensure they sit flat.
- Place 2 chopsticks lengthwise on each side of a potato. Starting from the top, make thin slices into the potato widthwise, stopping only when the knife touches the chopsticks.
- Repeat the process with the remaining potatoes, then pour the melted butter onto the potatoes and use a basting brush to go between each slice for even distribution.
- Combine the black pepper, paprika, salt, minced garlic, parmesan, and Italian seasoning in a wide and shallow plate, use this mixture to coat each potato, going between each slice thoroughly.
- Place the coated potatoes in a heatproof dish, place the whole garlic cloves in between the potatoes, and bake for 40-60 minutes until golden brown and tender. Serve hot with chopped parsley on top.