You’ll go bananas for this moist and decadent delight! Layered in a rich and creamy whipped cream frosting and topped in crunchy chopped nuts, this cake is both attractive and tasty!
Servings: 15 slices of cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup walnut (chopped)
2 ripe bananas (mashed)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs (separated)
4 tbs whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter with the sugar until light, and creamy then add two egg yolks and combine them.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and set them aside.
- Then, add the whipping cream to the yolk mixture, then sift in the flour and baking soda, then stir in the chopped nuts, mashed bananas, and vanilla. Mix well until combined.
- Mix in the egg white last, then equally divide the batter between the pans and bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick to the center comes out clean.
- Once cool, layer and top with whipped cream, then sprinkle the top with chopped walnuts.
- Slice and serve.