Have you ever heard of a cake with a million-dollar taste? It sounds weird, but you will understand once you try it for yourself. The Million Dollar Pound Cake is rich in texture and has an intense classical flavor. It is well known for its minimal amount of ingredients, moist texture, rich taste, and delightful vanilla flavor that will take your breath away.
This recipe only requires seven low-cost ingredients to make a million-dollar pound cake! Follow the simple steps provided, and you will nail this on your first try, even if you’re a beginner! Prepping will take 15 minutes, and the bake time is an hour and 25 minutes. Don’t worry; it’ll be worth the wait, I promise.
A Rich Cake
What I like most about this recipe is the sweet and rich flavors of the cake. Trust me; you are bound to love this cake after just a slice. With a small number of ingredients, you can have a decadent dessert that you can eat in so many ways, whether you like it plain, frosted, or sugar-dusted!
When To Eat This Cake?
This cake is amazing when served plain, but if you want an additional boost of flavor, you can add whipped cream, caramel sauce, fruit sauce, or chocolate frosting. It goes very well with any ice cream of your choice for dessert, and you can put this in your bag for lunch at work or school. The pound cake is perfect for just about any occasion as it is a real crowd-pleaser.
This recipe serves 16 slices, which is the perfect amount for a whole week of snacking or a dessert for celebrations, special occasions, and holidays. Did I mention that it is a great family treat? And it goes well with just about any beverage. The Million Dollar Pound Cake is anytime, anywhere dessert.
• Butter – Used to add texture and smoothness to the cake.
• Granulated Sugar – Gives flavor and sweetness to the pound cake.
• Eggs – Emulsifies, gives color, and a light texture to the batter.
• Flour – Adds the structure and absorbs moisture in the cake batter.
• Whole Milk – Adds moisture and flavor to this cake.
• Almond Extract – Used to add a delicious aroma and wonderful flavor to the mixture.
• Vanilla Extract – Used to enhance the flavor of the pound cake.
1. Set oven to 350 degrees F at least 10-15 minutes before using.
2. Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan (10×4 inches).
3. Beat together butter and milk, then add the eggs and continue to mix until it is well incorporated.
4. Alternately add flour and milk, starting and ending with flour. Mix just until blended.
5. Stir in the almond and vanilla flavorings.
6. Pour batter into greased pan and bake in preheated oven for an hour and 25 minutes.
7. Poke the cake with a toothpick to check for doneness. If it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
8. Remove it from the oven and cool for 20 min in the pan before inverting it onto a plate. Slice and serve.
Alternating Between Wet And Dry Ingredients
To combine the liquid ingredients and dry mixture, alternated between the two, starting and ending with the dry. This step is essential as it prevents overmixing when you add the ingredients in small amounts and promotes a good crumb texture.
Bundt Pan Alternative
If you don’t have a bundt pan, that doesn’t mean you cannot proceed with baking your cake. You can use a tube pan or a loaf pan instead. Using these alternatives will give you a different shape, but it will not affect the pound cake’s texture or taste.
How To Store:
It is best to store the pound cake at room temperature with an airtight cover; this way, the cake will last about 4-5 days. If you are thinking of refrigerating the pound cake, just remember that even though it extends shelf life, it can also dry out the cake. You can also freeze this cake for up to 3 months.
So you see, the million-dollar pound cake is a little complex, but it will be worth it in the end. With just a few ingredients that you are sure to have at home and a few simple steps, you can bring out your inner chef with this Million Dollar Pound Cake recipe. It will blow your mind and delight your tastebuds.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pound butter
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F . Grease and lightly dust with flour a 12 cup bundt pan (10x4 inches).
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and milk, then add eggs until it's well incorporated. Alternate between the flour and milk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix until blended.
- Add almond extract and vanilla, then stir to combine. Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake in an hour and 25 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to check the center of the cake, make sure it comes out dry. Cool for 20 min before removing it from the pan.
- Carefully turn the cake out onto a plate, slice, and serve.